Last week my mom shared with me Ree Drummond’s “Quick Pickling 101” recipe.
Yesterday I asked her to also share her own 1-day pickle recipes that she’s had forever. Here is my “translation” of her 30yo handwritten notes:
- 1 gallon jar’s worth sliced cucumber
- 2-3 stalks fresh dill
- 3-4 head garlic
- 1-1/3 c. water
- 2/3 c. white vinegar (to fill jar)
- 1/8 c. pickling salt
- pinch alum
Fill 1 gallon jar with ingredients. Cover and set in full sun for 2 full days. Refrigerate to crisp.
Dorthy’s Cucumbers with Sour Cream
- Peel and slice raw cucumbers and put in jar.
- Fill jar half full of cider vinegar and top off with water.
- Add peppers, sugar, and plenty of salt to taste.
- Let marinade for 1-2 hours (recommend overnight).
- Drain and refill with half & half or sour cream.
Leave a Reply